Choosing The Right Pore Minimizing Products
There are thousands of pore minimizing products on the market, all guaranteeing to miraculously improve the condition of your skin, shrink your pores, and eliminate acne. Unfortunately, shrinking pores is actually a myth. The size of your pores is largely determined by your genetics and sadly you cannot make them any smaller if you are unhappy with them.
But, what exactly is a pore? Pores serve a vital role in our body’s ability to produce and distribute oil on the skin. Our skin needs oil to improve it’s appearance, remain elastic, and keep from drying or flaking. Normal skin types produce exactly as much oil as needed to promote healthy and moist skin. However dry, oily, or combination skin types often find their skin to be itchy and flaky, or greasy and prone to acne.
Since pore minimizing products can’t really make your pores smaller, what are you paying for? Even though pore minimizing products can actually change the size of your pores, they can reduce the appearance of open pores, and make them less noticeable to people.
Including Pore Minimizing Products Into Your Routine
The only way to reduce the appearance of pores of the long term is to develop healthy habits for your skin. The first step is figuring out your skin type. If you have very oily skin, common with people who suffer from large pores, then you want to include pore minimizing products in a 3 step facial routine.
- Wash your face 2-3 times per day with a gentle facial cleanser such as Cetaphil. Don’t wash more than 3 times per day as that can trigger an overproduction of oil.
- After washing, immediately moisturize with a non-oil formulated skin moisturizer. Don’t be fooled into thinking that oily skin types do not need to use a healthy moisturizer daily.
- Exfoliate with a gentle exfoliating scrub at least 3 times per week. If possible, exfoliate before going to bed each night.
- Apply pore minimizing products as recommended on trouble areas.
Popular Pore Minimizing Products
Minimizing the appearance of pores requires dedication and patience. Pore minimizing products will not improve the texture of your skin overnight. Choose a product that you feel like fits your symptoms and give it at least 3 weeks of consistent use before judging its effectiveness.
- Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips – For the most immediate results cleansing pores around the nose, Biore’s deep cleansing strips work quickly and effectively. You will see the results on the strip when you peel it away. Note: You’re pores will seem much larger immediately after pulling away the strip, but will look much better within a few hours.
- Loreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing – Skin genesis is highly rated for smoothing and refining textured skin making pores appear much smaller. One of the better pore minimizing products available when used in combination with a proper skin care program.